We have stopped showing email addresses on our web site, to protect the owners from spam. For the same reason, you will not be able to reply to more than one query within a period of four days. Your message to Joseph Valu will start with the following explanation to him or her - please write your reply below it, in the box provided, plus your own email address in the second box, and click on SEND.

To Joseph Valu,

I am replying to your query for a lost person, which I saw on the Britain-Burma Society's Lost Relatives web page (http://shwepla.net/Misspers.mv). You said:

Iam Joseph the yougest in the family of Dr. Peter C. and Mrs. Mary Irene Valu of Rangoon, Burma.

There were four sisters:Sheila,Odette,Norma (since deceased) and Helene.

When the family lived for several years (1930s) on Lewis Street, near the Methodist Church, in Rangoon we became acquainted with and began a close friendship with a pharmaceutical representative by the name of Anthony David, his wife Maragaret, daughter Marjorie, and son Henry. Marjorie must be about 78 years now.

I have written wistfully about these dear people in my piece "A Cry in the Wilderness" which may be read,among other stories, on my website www.worldwar2burma diaries.com, two paras are reproduced below:

"Anthony and Margaret David, and their two kids, Henry, and Margo, who were older than me, were old friends of the family. She, a Eurasian of Indo-French extraction,was petite and pretty while the girl resembled her, or so I noted shyly. But mostly I remember “Uncle David” who was not really a relative but whom we called “Uncle” as all Burma kids called the family’s male friends as a sign of respect.

He was a quiet and well dressed Tamil gentleman who visited Dad’s office with a large valise containing literature and lots of ampoules of different injectables which a pharmaceutical rep usually carries for a doctor’s appraisal. And while they consulted with one another, his wife, who often accompanied him, would visit with Mom while we would jostle with the kids for the sweet goodies which usually accompanied these visits.'

The last we saw of them was on May 7, 1942 or soon thereafter, when they invited us to join them on a truck which was to get them to India via the Sumprabum route,protected according to them, by the Brit's Kachin Rifles from Fort Hertz.

Father,who had survived two Japan

Maybe I can help a bit.
Important: please type your own email address below (to allow Joseph Valu to contact you):