1) Thursday, 5th October 2017 - The Britain-Burma Society October Reception & Annual General Meeting will mark the 60th ANNIVERSARY of the founding of the BBS. Please *SAVE THE DATE* for an exciting evening of special entertainment!
2nd September -1.00-5.00pm - Nationalities
of the Union of Myanmar UK [NUMAUK] Friends
& Family Day River Thames Boat Trip
Tickets £30 /Members price £25 (£5 off) [4hrs onboard sightseeing along River Thames including buffet food and live entertainment]
Tickets can be purchased from Barbara Brown 07880 551917 or Daw Tin Tin Myaing 07950 232426. (see attached for details).
3) Saturday, 9th September - 11.00-3.00pm - Mind 2 Mind Myanmar Fundraising Food Fair, St Thomas the Apostle Church Hall, Boston Road, W7 (see attached for details).
4) Saturday, 9th September - 7.00-9.00pm - the British Library
Delighted to say that tickets are now on sale for the world premiere of Grammar Productions [https://www.facebook.com/grammarproductions/?fref=mentions] 'We Were Kings' - the story of Burma's lost royal family. The film was funded by the Whicker's World Foundation[https://www.facebook.com/whickersworldfoundation/?fref=mentions] and will be screened in partnership with the Open City Documentary Festival. It promises to be a special evening in the Britain/Burma calendar, with the first visit to the UK by a direct descendant of the last King, and a special exhibition showcasing a forgotten treasure of the BL's archives.
I'd love to see you there! Alex Bescoby
Tickets can be purchased via this link: http://www.bl.uk/events/we-were-kings-burmas-lost-royal-family[http://www.bl.uk/events/we-were-kings-burmas-lost-royal-family]
Enquiries: +44 (0)1937 546546 / email@example.com[mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
5) Sunday, 8th October - 7.30pm - Following my Save The Date email last month about the staged reading of the play Eastern Star which I hope you got and I am pleased to tell you that tickets for this benefit performance for Prospect Burma and the Britain-Burma Society are now on sale either through the play's site on the Cockpit website which you can reach on http://thecockpit.org.uk/show/eastern_star[http://thecockpit.org.uk/show/eastern_star] or Book online at thecockpit.org.uk[http://www.thecockpit.org.uk/] or on 020 7258 2925 (10.30am-6pm Mon to Fri, 12noon-6pm Sat)
All tickets £20.00 to include free Wine Reception with cast, director/ writer and Christopher Gunness (upon whose experiences the play is based). All profits to Burmese support organisations, as above.
VENUE: The Cockpit, Gateforth Street, Marylebone, London NW8 8EH
Nearest stations: Edgware Road (Hammersmith & City, District, Circle, Bakerloo), Marylebone (Bakerloo, main line). Both are about a 7 minute walk.
Very much hope to see you there! Guy Slater
6) Saturday, 14th October - 6pm-midnight - Burmese Doctors & Dentists Association [BDDAUK] Autumn Ball - at Croydon Park Hotel (see attached for details).